Supported government, philanthropy, and community-based partners by advocating for essential resources for national and local Census outreach efforts.
- Testified at hearings in front of NYC City Council, New York State Assembly, and U.S. Congressional committees about the importance of the 2020 Census.
See all segments on YouTube >
- Worked alongside the New York State Attorney General’s office, private law firms, and the legal services community including the ACLU, New York Immigration Coalition, and other advocates to remove the unconstitutional citizenship question from appearing on the 2020 Census.
- Authored op-eds highlighting important Census issues.
Read the op ed by Chairman Steven Rubenstein and CEO Melva M. Miller in Crain’s New York Business >
- Leveraged ABNY network to advocate for Census effort by publishing op-eds and working with the media to bring attention to the Census.
Read the op-ed from Organizing & Action Committee member, Lorie Slutsky, President New York Community Trust >
- Supported community-based organizations through the Adopt-a-CBO program which provided grants for “Get Out the Count” efforts.
ABNY Chairman Steven Rubenstein speaks alongside NYS Attorney General Letitia James at a press conference opposing the addition of the unconstitutional citizenship question.
ABNY Census Manager Aliya Bhatia speaks at NYC Census South Asian Media Roundtable.