15 MUST HAVE RESOURCES FOR YOUR CENSUS 2020 EFFORT
What is the 2020 Census
The decennial census is the count of each and every person living in the United States on April 1, 2020. The census counts everyone regardless of citizenship status, age, race, and residence.
- Census 101: What you need to know, Census Bureau
- What does the questionnaire look like? Census Bureau
- Who should be counted where? Census Bureau
What’s at stake
The census determines what our neighborhoods will look like for the next ten years – funding for our schools, parks, hospitals, and what types of jobs come to our neighborhoods all depend on how many people live there and get counted.
- Why we ask, Census Bureau
- What does the census fund, Counting for Dollars New York
- Impact on representation, League of Women Voters
How and when do we fill it out?
Census day is on April 1, 2020 but you will receive the form from March 12th onwards and you can fill it out online, on your smartphone, by calling in, and on paper till July 31, 2020.
- Key census dates
- Fighting misinformation and disinformation, ABNY
- Filling it out online and measuring success, Census Counts
- Safety and security online, Census Bureau
Mobilizing people around the census
Getting our neighborhoods counted depends on you, tell your friends, families, loved ones and colleagues to fill out the census form.
- Where to prioritize outreach, CUNY HTC Map
- Organizing your own community outreach townhall around the census, Census Bureau
- Get out the count, New York Counts 2020, Powerpoint version if you are training GOTC teams
- Census Communications Planning: Strategies for public awareness and persuasion, RUBENSTEIN
- Asking businesses to get out the count, ABNY